THAI YOGA MASSAGE
Thai Yoga Massage is a unique healing system in which the practitioner guides the recipient through a series of yoga postures while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy lines and pressure points. Together these actions result in a treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system, and balances the body energetically.
Counterbalancing and levering the recipient’s body with their own, the practitioner works with gravity, breath, and directed touch to create a harmonious and therapeutic “dance” with the recipient that imparts physical vibrancy, grace, and spiritual energy.
Some of the benefits of Thai Yoga Massage include:
- Enhances your practice of yoga, pilates, and other physical modalities
- Balances the body’s energy pathways
- Increases resistance to injury
- Relieves pain due to arthritis, stress, and overworked muscles
- Improves range of motion
- Releases lactic acid and other toxins from areas of accumulation
- Tones internal organs
- Increases energy and peaceful alertness
- Enriches emotional calming and deep relaxation
- Deepens the connection between the mind and body
This massage helps relax patients with blood pressure and even asthma. It’s a great way to relieve yourself from stress and even pregnant women with swelling on their body can benefit from it. Apart from feeling physically elated by releasing stress and tension, the recipients experience an inner peace and joy and a feeling of being elevated away from the anxieties that possibly encompass them.
As of May 2017, Kristine has completed the requirements for her Essential Certification in Thai Yoga Massage at Lotus Palm in Montreal, Quebec.